Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lessons Learned...

When it comes to Design Teams I am no expert... when it comes to scrapping in general I am no expert... but over the last few weeks I have learned a couple of massive lessons about how online stuff works and in particular Design Teams.
So my advice to one and all...
Be Aware... dont take a DT position unless you are familiar with the person running the show. I dont mean knowing them irl... these days thats not gonna happen often but just make sure its someone you know online fairly well and someone you can trust.
Same goes for the site... everyone has to start somewhere... but when its a brand new venture and you dont know the person running it... well be aware! Check things out... read the forums etc well and if ANYTHING raises suspicions then be careful.
And... I would also suggest to ANY person starting up a scrapping store and forum online... you do not need 10 (yep TEN) DT members... alot of sites that have been running well for a length of time does not have that many DT members.
I also advise that 3 months probation does not always mean 3 months probation.

Why this little rant you may ask?
Tonight myself and several others have been "stood down" from the DT at Addicted2Scrapping... I myself was not given a specific reason... however Dee (who is an amazing scrapper and gorgeous person btw) was told she apparently did not fulfill her commitments? WTF? She did way more than I did in the few short weeks we had the positions? Its weird. Its suss and there were a few other things I just feel were not quiet right there. So if you get an offer to be on a DT there... be warned. Something stinks and it aint the adhesives.

Thankfully the other two awsome design positions I have are with amazing people who I trust and who I know are stand up people who would never screw anyone over. So if you can totally check out Hybrid Designs and Wicked Princesses... coz they rock big time! And honestly they shit all over A2S.

Otherwise... Im sick... sore neck, headache etc. Have hardly been able to keep my head up let alone get on the computer for long... and have not even been near my scrap table since last week. It sucks. Im over it. I just want to feel better before friday so I can do something with rod for his birthday.

So all in all pretty shitty here today!

12 comments:

hmmmm totally 100% agree with everything here! A2S sucks ass!

Oh man, I am so sorry. I had no idea that all of this was going on...I love your work, and really cannot understand this decision at all....

I **LOVE*** your art too Rachy...
I'm sorry this has happened to you, I'm saddened by this news about you and Dee... you are both so very talented!!!!!!
Guess I will be stalking you here then!

Bek

Well no guesses actually, I will be stalking you LOL!
Bxo

I got caught up in a similar predicament with her challenge blog. I really hoped it was going to be different this time. Sorry to hear you got caught up in this too.

So sorry to hear what has happened to you and anyone else this has happened too. I think your work is amazing. I own an online store, and have DT members and would never do that to anyone.

omg
that sucks
You just don't do that sort of crap to your DT
that is just sad
I don't really go over to that site
but after hearing this
I definitely won't be.

Hugs Rachy

Kr.x

I thought you ladies may find this an interesting read...

Obviously she is such a BITCH!

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8087816559793161607&postID=8184071351561033608

...you have been tagged

kr.x

Oh Rachy, another victim of the Michelle AS2 crap. Sorry to hear that you have been burnt by her but I must say like the other girls you do amazing scrapping and you don't need a site like this at all!!
Happy Scrapping
*linda (scrap_addict)

Sorry to hear that you have been treated so poorly. But in all honesty you have had a lucky escape. Good luck with your other DTs. I LOVE your work.

Soory to hear this Rachy. She burnt me too with the challenge blog. Highly unprofessional, liar etc, etc

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online