Monday, June 23, 2008

How good...

There a millions of good things in this world... but right now I am thinking how good hot chocolate and tim tams are. Really good... really really really good. lol

I did a little scrapping on the weekend... but havent got pictures yet... hoping to get a few more pages done tomorrow too.

Busy busy weekend here. Both kids danced at the local shopping centre with their dance school... Jed danced saturday and Abbee danced sunday. Soooooooooooooo proud of those kids... they both danced great and considering how many people were there watching them... well omg I dont think I could do it lol.

So we are at almost 2 weeks until Abbee goes to America!!!!!!
OMG so much to do... packing, making sure she has everything she needs, constantly reminding her that its not a good idea to joke about bombs or weapons at the airport or on the plane lol. (I love that she has such a great sense of humour but its a worry sometimes.)
And me... well I need to keep reminding myself that she is going to be fine, that shes going to have a fabulous time and that this is a huge opportunity for her... which is all true and I do know... but every now and then it hits me that my baby, my little girl, at the ripe old age of 12 is going to the other side of the world without me... its scary for me as a mother to think like that lol.
I am comforted by the fact she will be looked after by one of my bestest friends in the whole world who loves Abbee almost as much as I do. I am also comforted by the fact she is travelling with alot of other people who have known her for a long time and who I know will make sure she is ok.
So its all good.
BUT I will say... if one more person says "Oh well at least you will get to see a video of all the performances" I am gonna scream... especially when this is generally being said by people going on the trip. Yes video cameras are a wonderful invention and yes I am fortunate that we live in a time where this is possible... BUT its still not the same... my child is doing possibly one of the biggest things she will ever do in her life... she is dancing at disneyland & universal studios in LA... and I wont be there to see it for real... to share the excitement with her... to be a part of that whole experience... and no number of dvd's or videos or photos is going to make up for that. I am so proud of her and I am soooooooo happy that she has the opportunity and the reality of life is that we could only afford to send her on her own and we sooooo wanted her to have this experience that we are letting her go without us... could have easily said we cant go... you cant go. So yeah... its all a bit bitter sweet for me because while I am so delighted and happy for her... my heart breaks at the same time. Probably sounds so selfish...

But anyway... here are a couple of photos of Abbee in her costume for the USA tour... (we had a practice run last weekend hehe)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

These costumes looked so good on stage at the shopping centre so I am sure they will look even better over in the U.S.

So thats it... for today anyway. Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with some scrappy coolness Ive created hehe.

1 comments:

Never Selfish ! Never !
Maybe you can pack yourself in a bag ??? lol

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online