Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last challenge...

before the top ten are announced in the Mystical Masters competition. So Ive done these two layouts and now I just wait... wait and see if I get to do more next week lol.


I love how this one turned out... especially the flower.



This one was fun... we had to do a layout resume lol. Im going to post the journalling here too so it can be read properly... too hard to see it in photos.

So... here is the journalling...

ABOUT ME
My name is Rachel Schryver. I am a 30 years young mother of two awsome kids and a wife to a wonderful husband. We are very blessed with a happy life full love and laughter. I love spending time with my family, hanging out with friends, baking, music, movies and dancing! But besides my family the thing I love most of all is scrapbooking.
I started scrapping late in 2006. I needed something to fill my spare time while the kids were at school... and after my first few pages I knew this was the real thing... LOVE!
Gradually I found out there was alot more to this art form than pretty paper and stickers. I found the online scrapping community and was so inspired by the wonderous creations that I discovered were possible. With the supplies I had I began trying out some of the ideas and techniques I saw and tried adapting and putting my own spin on things. I found forums, competitions and challenges. I found that the challenges and competitions gave me a point to start with which sometimes we all need. Entering challenges is great because you get fantastic feedback from other scrappers which then boosts your confidence... this helps me feel empowered to try more new things.
And now I am in the biggest challenge Ive done so far... vying for a spot on the Mystical DT! I cant put into words what it would mean to me to achieve this. Mystical is the best scrapping site and to be on their DT is my dream.

____________________________________________________________________
The reason WHY I scrap is because I want my children to have wonderful reminders of their childhood. To preserve the memories and details of the important moments in their lives. I also want them to always know how much I love them and one day when I am long gone they will still have my words to remind them that I love them and they are my world.
I have photos from my own childhood but often there are no dates or details. My parents memories are fading so the details of my childhood are almost totally gone. I dont want the same thing to happen to my children. Their lives are important... even the little things and the small details... their lives deserve to be preserved for future generations.

____________________________________________________________________
As far as scrapping goes... I dont have a list of publication credits, infact Ive yet to really achieve anything of great signifigance in the scrap world.
BUT I have achieved hundreds of photos & memories preserved for my children & grandchildren. I have achieved a passion for something I do. I have achieved something I can always get better at. I have achieved new friendships. And I have achieved the title of scrapbooker... not just someones wife or mother.

____________________________________________________________________

I ran out of room and could have written much more. lol. As it is this is without doubt the most journalling Ive ever done on a layout.
So thats it for today... just wanted to share my last effort in this comp. Ive enjoyed the challenges we have been given and it has given me a great insight into the role of a DT member... and made me realise it is something I really really really really want to do.

So tomorrow is catch up day... been so busy and working hard on the masters and potion challenges and havent had much time to get any other challenges done so tomorrow I will be working on some of the other challenges. So if I am lucky I will be back tomorrow night with more pages to share!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online